If you love product management and want to work where product managers actually lead the product with the full support of the executive team, EMS Software is the place for you.
As a Product Manager, you will take responsibility for the business results of our products. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvyness, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions that serve the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with engineering to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify market requirements by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Drive a solution set cross functionally (Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Support, Sales) through market requirements, product goals, and positioning
- Serve as product owner for one or more scrum teams
- Run training, beta and pilot programs with early-stage products
- Act as a leader within the company
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of product management experience, or 3+ years of experience as an EMS expert user
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Knowledgeable of technology
- Able to travel to customer and non-customer sites (25%)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- Experience with enterprise software
- Experience with event management software
What We Value
- We do the right thing…for our customers, our company, and each other.
- We see around corners and into the future. We anticipate needs, thinking two steps or even twenty-two steps ahead.
- We value diversity. We are inclusive, valuing a variety of perspectives.
- We work together to get it done. We are a team - we accomplish more by working together than as individuals.
- We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We have fun, celebrate our victories, and enjoy each other's company.
EMS Software is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce, supporting integrity in the workplace and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.