Product Manager, Student Experience
Guild is hiring for a Product Manager, Student Experience . As a Product Manager you would be tasked with leveraging technology to help connect Guild’s education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. You’ll work closely with partners on all sides of the marketplace (employers, students, and universities) as well as our internal operations teams to build technology which “makes the magic happen” for thousands of students every year.
In particular, we are looking for someone who is comfortable heading into uncharted territory to build payments products that solidify Guild as the industry leader in Education Benefits. We’re the first in the industry creating a holistic service and product experience for students receiving funding through an Education Benefit. We’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves on complex topics with high ambiguity and create a student experience that’s simple and intuitive and positions Guild to scale.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Own executing our product strategy for student payment experience, leading an engineering and design team from problem discovery to successful release.
- Collaborate with student service teams and business leaders to craft and execute on vision for Guild web products in the Education Benefit student journey.
- Act as a product owner for new and existing student payment product areas, including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
- Act as a steward of Guild students by owning user research, designing solutions that deliver customer value, and providing context to internal teams.
- Create detailed road maps, acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs to all internal teams.
- Coordinate cross functionally to release features with clear communication to internal and external customers.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
In addition to working on the Product Management team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild employees like Lauren Mosenthal (Principal Designer), Travis Haby (Software Engineer), Mandy McLean (Sr. Researcher), and Nancy Holum (Director of Client Success).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- 3+ years as a technology product manager with a demonstrated history of building products that drive step-function impacts to business or 5+ years as quantitative analyst or consultant with technology experience
- Experience and excitement about building strong relationships with Guild’s partners
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Background in software environments requiring high precision software development (e.g., healthcare, finance, inventory management) as QA engineer, software developer, product manager or analyst a plus
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.