Product Manager – Ethernet
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
At Zayo, we pride ourselves in taking a fresh, innovative approach to supporting the world’s insatiable need for bandwidth infrastructure. The successful candidate will be intellectually agile. They will demonstrate the ability to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution and new product development. This role will support the Product Management effort for the Zayo Ethernet product line and will be charged with growing the contribution of the product group to the broader business. No arms-length “consultative” approach here. Product management is responsible for delivering top and bottom line results. We are looking for ambitious, independent Product Managers looking to “disrupt” the telecommunications industry by delivering unique, technology-focused product solutions. If you think this is you, I want to hear from you.
If lacking in experience – you would start as an analyst with expectation to grow into Product Management role that would include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for business analysis and resulting recommendations, including: forecasting sales and churn, pricing and financial analysis, and providing regular readouts on tracking to forecasts.
- Requirements gathering, use-case development, and definition of product vision and strategy.
- Be the expert in your product realm as well as key evangelist internally and externally.
- Responsible for communicating with customers and across sales and engineering teams to provide the best solutions for customers.
- Quick transitions between tactical execution and deep strategic thinking.
- Develop effective processes and administer training in order to facilitate sales and service delivery.
- Act as the intermediary between sales, finance, engineering, IT development and legal teams.
- Undergraduate degree with business, engineering or related field focus. MBA a plus.
- Product management or product design experience.
- Prior sales experience a plus, prior telecom experience a plus.
- Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis.
- Other skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems.
- Experience analyzing data to derive insights to improve the business; experience using finance to determine whether a project is viable (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables and multitask.
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.