Product Manager -Compute/Server Focus
This Product Management role will focus on helping define and manage the NetApp HCI product line with a focus on compute systems. The goal of this role is to develop competitive offerings in our HCI portfolio that align with compute focused buyers like Server/Compute Architects, Cloud Architects, and workload specific buyers. Keys to this role include aligning to CPU/GPU roadmaps, identifying and building value around key workloads, and working with sales to identify and message to compute centric buyers.
As a Product Manager you will work across a cross functional organization to develop and manage unique capabilities for NetApp HCI and work with the Product Management team to manage the HCI portfolio through its lifecycle. You will develop and implement product strategies, roadmaps, and marketing strategies to respond to changing and /or competitive environments which may include product positioning, pricing strategies, and overall product positioning.
A strong understanding of NetApp’s Product and Service offerings, relationship management skills, and product management experience in a high-technology, dynamic environment is crucial to your success. As the most senior professional in the Product Management group and a subject matter expert, you will utilize your strong product marketing background and related experience to positively contribute to the department’s goals and vision.
As a Product Manager you are part of a dynamic team that delivers value to the NetApp organization and supports sales and revenue generation goals. The team is tasked to:
- Develop product roadmaps, strategies and marketing plans in collaboration with sales, sales support, product development and other cross-functional teams to ensure differentiation in product offerings.
- Establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Develop business plans and product positioning in the marketplace including pricing strategies, product specifications, catalogues, sell-sheets, training aids, web presence and promotional events.
- Create lead generation programs to support sales growth.
- Identify local marketing opportunities to drive awareness of NetApp solutions.
- Track general business indicators, including market share, and competitor’s marketing and sales program activities.
- Communicate and implement product promotions.
- Provide on-going management of the product marketing programs, contracts and agreements.
- Identify and maintain relationships with product partners, third party vendors, etc.
- Provide mentorship and support to more junior members in the department.
- Experience in server and compute product development and planning
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Product Management experience in the technology industry.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent understanding of NetApp’s products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes.
- This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
- Often acts as mentor or facilitator.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts of Science Degree is required or equivalent experience