Principal Product Manager
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
You’ll love this role if you are excited to leverage technology to connect Guild’s learning marketplace – ultimately enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably, from HS completion through master’s degrees. As a Principal Product Manager you will lead the strategy of one of our four product verticals, focused on helping students enroll in school, succeed in school, pay for school, or building the internal tools that empower those levers.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Acting as a product lead of one of Guild's product groups - leading the strategy of, mentoring, and in some cases managing, teams of product managers to deliver on the business objectives you've defined
- Working across enterprise B2B, B2B2C and internal operations to bring a product vision alive.
- Developing deep knowledge and changing the massive educational systems which underlie education in the US
- Partnering directly with a world-class partner management organization focused on building long term, valuable, scalable relationships with our employer and academic partners
- Helping build a massive education and financial system from its early beginnings. We are looking for someone to help us define and execute a vision for how these systems should impact Guild’s students and partners
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- Tens of Thousands of Guild students go to school as affordably, in the right program, and are successful.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 8+ years as a technology product leader, including a demonstrated history of building products that drive step-function impacts to business and experience
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Experience and excitement with building great enterprise or B2B2C
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!