Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
You’ll love this role if you...
- Want to make a difference in the world by creating products to support the 64 million working Americans get a college degree
- Want to join a fast-paced, growing startup where every day is different and your designs will make a direct impact on the product from day one
- Have a passion for bringing potential and current student’s voices to the conversation
- Approach design as experiments to learn as quickly as possible
- Design prototypes, user test, iterate, and work with the greater team to deploy simple, elegant, and purposeful experiences; own and take responsibility for your work from ideation to deployment
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure execution is what is imagined and expected
- Create data informed designs using our suite of user research tools and analytics
- Bring ideas, collaborate, and contribute to high-level strategic decisions with other designers, product managers, and engineers
- Work within and expand our evolving design language system that exports to over 5+ products that touches millions of student lives and Fortune 50 enterprise partners
- Support and lead design thinking activities cross-functionally to absorb knowledge and needed information from stakeholders
- Communicate, participate, and prepare for design walkthroughs, critiques, and reviews in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Understand technical limitations and liberties behind design decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- Bonus: Previously have designed for the front-line worker demographic.
- 2+ years of experience in an individual contributor design role on a design team for web or native applications
- Owned product design end-to-end for at least one successful product at scale
- Case studies featuring examples of experience designer work and the returned impact of one’s work
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Care deeply about technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design
- Experience partnering with product managers
- Bonus: Experience designing both consumer and enterprise applications.
- Bonus: Engineering experience - especially front end.
.To apply, please send us the following:
- Portfolio link
- 2 or more case studies exemplifying your past work and process that affect a business’s bottom line
- LinkedIn profile