Data Science Product Manager
Reports to: VP, Product
Location: Denver, CO
Help shape the future of how people experience the digital world. You'll be at the forefront of an exciting shift in how digital identity authentication allows companies and consumers to transact with trust in the digital world.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
The Product Manager will manage Payfone's "Behavior Verification" product line. "Behavior Verification" is one of the three key components of Payfone's authentication technology stack. This product focuses on the data we have available from our various data partners to make a risk-based assessment of the observed behavior of an interaction, in order to determine the amount of risk associated with this transaction. This position also entails bringing a rigorous data-science mindset to other Payfone products and services, and helping to develop our long term data strategy.
This position is ideal for a person who has several years of product management experience on data focused products as well as some hands on data science experience. We are also happy o accept candidates that have been working in data science in a technical capacity who would like to move into a product management position.
As a member of the Product team, the Data Science Product Manager is expected to:
- Prioritize an opportunity backlog and plan quarterly/monthly roadmaps for your product.
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to create business requirements and deliver projects via an Agile process.
- Develop product documentation and provide guidance on sales process and materials for your products.
- Monitor and help refine metrics for product efficacy and customer success.
- Analyze, develop and enhance our data science capabilities - including providing feedback on how to objectively measure our product performance across lines
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics. Equivalent working experience is also acceptable. We care much more about practical experience versus theoretical knowledge.
- Either of the following (both is certainly a plus!):
- 3+ Years of experience in SaaS product management working in an agile environment.
- 3+ Years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- Working knowledge of basic data science concepts such as:
- Setting up a supervised modeling problem.
- Evaluating model performance through common metrics such as AUC, GINI, KS, etc.
- Advantages and disadvantages of various supervised modeling techniques such as Linear/Logistic.
- Regression, Decision Trees, Ensemble Modeling, etc.
- Unsupervised modeling techniques such as K-means, PCA. LDA, etc are a plus.
- Experience monitoring and evaluating product data science products.
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included.
Payfone is the leading digital identity authentication network for the connected world. Our real-time, passive identity authentication solutions enable consumers and the world’s largest banks, insurers, brokerages and technology companies to thwart digital identity theft and transact with trust. Learn more at http://www.payfone.com and https://www.linkedin.com/company/payfone.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
No employment sponsorship will be provided.