Associate Product Manager - Energy
- The Associate Product Manager (Energy) participates in the creation of new products and features, from the idea stage, through launch, to end of life. Responsibilities include becoming an energy market expert, gathering product requirements, prioritizing feature implementations and improving overall user experience. Ultimately, working with internal teams to build products and solutions that fill gaps in market and increase customer satisfaction.
The position involves close interaction with key customers, sales, regional marketing, product strategy, development, and operations. A background in geospatial markets, enterprise platform markets, and geospatial/enterprise business models is strongly desired.
The Associate Product Manager (Energy) is responsible for managing and supporting DigitalGlobe customers’ Spatial on Demand subscription services, as well as contributing to the overall growth of DigitalGlobe’s energy business. Spatial on Demand is a data streaming platform product, providing geospatial data delivered directly to customer’s desktop applications. The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring Spatial on Demand is correctly configured, meets customer’s performance expectations, troubleshooting, and provides value to the customer’s enterprise.
The candidate must be flexible and able to work both in teams, and independently. They must be an organized, self-starter comfortable engaging business and technology decision makers within DigitalGlobe, within partner organizations, and with potential customers. They must possess strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills in order to communicate vision, strategy and tactics across multiple stakeholders.
In this position, your key responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with sales, product management, and engineering to help develop top-quality products and deliver top-quality support within the energy business and beyond
- Conduct research to identify customer needs and market gaps influencing our business and our customers
- Suggest product enhancements to improve user experience
- Analyze competition
- Assist with the development of value propositions and sales tools to be used by the sales team
- Serve as an advocate for customers by providing workflow and data technical support to clients as related to Spatial on Demand
- Grow the relationship with your customers and increase the usage of Spatial on Demand, as well as other DigitalGlobe Energy products and services
- Manage the Spatial on Demand ingest process and quality control for new spatial data content and customer proprietary datasets going into Spatial on Demand
- Manage customer’s Spatial on Demand services. Create, modify, or troubleshoot the services as requested by the customer
- Work directly with DigitalGlobe’s vendors to manage outsourced aspects of DigitalGlobe’s Spatial on Demand product
- Perform quality assurance controls on products
- Work with Sales and Finance to accurately forecast and monitor the success of products
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of geospatial data streaming services, web mapping technology, and mapping software relevant to the energy industry
- Confidently create and conduct meetings, presentations, training events, and demonstrations at customer locations as needed
- Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
- Excellent cross-functional skills across customers, sales, marketing, operations, development and suppliers
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Education Background Required – Bachelors or higher in an Earth science, Engineering, Information Technology or Business. Concentration in Geographic Information Systems and geospatial data preferred.
- Years of work experience required - Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
- Other requirements – The ideal candidate possesses a unique balance of technical and interpersonal skills
- Passion for helping clients derive value from using technology to enhance their work
- Familiarity with various Open Source and proprietary spatial data services
- Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software and IHS Markit software
- Basic understanding of oil & gas workflows
- Willingness to serve and support end-user customers
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.