Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Position: Product Manager, Competitive IntelligenceLocation: Irvine, CA or Broomfield, CO
Alteryx Inc., headquartered in Irvine, CA, offers a quick-to-implement, end-to-end analytics platform that empowers business analysts and data scientists alike to break data barriers and deliver game-changing insights that are solving big business problems. The Alteryx platform is self-serve, click, drag-and-drop for hundreds of thousands of people in leading enterprises all over the world. Visit www.alteryx.com or call 1-888-836-4274.
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
Overview: The Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence is responsible for investigating, gathering, analyzing and delivering intelligence on product competitiveness such market conditions competitor offerings and customer requirements for business decision-making, product differentiation and sales support.
- Liaising with the product organization, subject matter experts, sales organization and external sources like customers and analysts to gather information and build an understanding of competitor strategies, pricing, and GTM behaviors.
- Be the internal consultant to product, customer experience, marketing, partners, sales, and executive leadership team on competition, market landscape, and technical differentiation
- Monitor and analyze product, positioning, partnerships and announcements of key competitors and communicate to company leadership and stake holders. This includes creating competitive de-positioning tools, product comparisons and product demonstrations.
- Providing direction to build winning strategies related to large sales deals where Alteryx is involved
- Delivering strategic options to differentiate from competitors on ongoing projects, supporting local teams.
- Building on competitive intelligence, liaise with central organizations and sales organization to help build the product/service requirements & pricing positioning
- Engage with industry analysts for market studies and to gain outside perspectives on competitor strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Regularly perform win/loss analysis to adjust go-to-market strategies, replicate winning strategies globally, and provide references of replaced competition
- Undertake frequent interviews with Workfront customers and solution partners to gather competitive intel, trends and insights
- Occasionally participate in sales calls and on-site visits to help account executives close deals
- Attend industry conferences as a resource for prospective customers wanting to understand the unique benefits of using Workfront
- Comply with ethical standards in obtaining and disseminating data
- Bachelor degree and 3+ years experience of delivering competitive intelligence outputs, preferred
- Experience working in Enterprise B2B SaaS businesses a plus as well as background in the data management and/or business intelligence & analytics software markets
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to synthesize data from multiple data sources to deliver actionable insight. This entails a strong demonstration in taking market, competitor and customer insights and weaving them into clear, compelling deliverables for sales, product, marketing, services, and the executive leadership team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and conduct executive-level conversations
- Inquisitive, competitive by nature
- Ability to quickly build rapport and establish relationships
- Results-oriented with strong time management skills, highly-organized and driven to succeed
- Must be comfortable with demonstrating and using product software
- Alteryx experience is strongly preferred
The company will not provide sponsorship for work visas or other employment authorization for this position.
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered.
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Read Full Job Description