Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
FreshTracks.io is a startup within the Accelerator program at CA. We are tackling emerging problems in the ephemeral orchestrated container monitoring space.
As a Principal Data Scientist at FreshTracks.io, you will work with our talented Engineering team to draw insights from time series application performance and container orchestration data. Your discoveries will directly inform product innovation and features.
You will have the opportunity to work on:
- Performance and scalability opportunities
- Relationships between the thousands of metric streams we collect
- Identifying performance regressions from software deployments
- Anomaly detection algorithms of all sorts
If you are passionate and curious about data, FreshTracks.io’s data-informed culture and rich data sets will make you happy to come to work each day.
What will I be doing?
- Analyzing performance metrics of docker containers and microservices building models and algorithms to make recommendations for performance improvements
- Developing models to discover real-time application issues
- Creating tools and methods for developers to better understand the usage and performance of their code
- Detecting and alerting on metric anomalies across multiple metric streams, in real-time
- Working with the Systems Engineering team to maintain and improve the data ecosystem
What experience do I need?
- You have 7+ years of experience in a data analysis-related role
- You have achieved a MS or Ph.D. in an engineering, economics, social science, physical science or a technology-related field
- You are passionate about data-driven decision-making
- You are a systems thinker with voracious curiosity
- You love data visualizations and explaining them to the curious
- You have worked with large and fast-moving data sets
- You have strong experience with A/B and multivariate testing and a strong knowledge of statistical concepts, with experience developing predictive models
- Machine learning for you is a passion; not just a passing interest
- You have superb communication skills for this is a highly-collaborative role
What makes me an extra-good fit?
- You are comfortable at the Unix command line and have experience with Docker
- You have worked in an agile environment
- You have deep experience with statistical and machine learning methods
Why would I love to work at FreshTracks.io?
- Influence - We are a small team. You are empowered to help us succeed.
- Location: Boulder, Colorado - 300+ days of sun, mountains, skiing, biking...
- Pace - Sustainable.
- Career - Support for attending conferences, writing books, blogging and speaking.
- Camaraderie - We are an awesome group of people who know how to have fun at work.
- Collaboration - Our team works closely together in an agile Scrum style, enabling us to learn from everyone's experience rather than getting trapped in silos.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.