Vice President of Corporate Strategy & Development
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 185 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
As a company, Granicus helps empower some of the most creative people in the world who innovate within complex public-sector organizations to make policies more effective and to transform the citizen experience so that everything from road closures to fostering programs are better understood.
Granicus is owned by Vista Equity Partners, a leading private equity firm with over $31B in cumulative capital commitments. Vista is a value-added investor focused on dynamic, successful, technology-based organizations led by world-class management teams with long-term perspective (www.vistaequitypartners.com).
Role / Responsibilities:
Granicus is looking for a highly motivated Vice President of Corporate Strategy & Development reporting to the CEO. The VP will be responsible for all aspects of strategic development that continue to expand our solution footprint. Responsibilities will include: strategic planning, competitive intelligence, strategic partnerships and all aspects of corporate M&A (M&A strategy, target identification, deal sourcing, deal execution, and post-merger integration).
- Sourcing and analyzing acquisition / partnership opportunities which align to the company's strategies;
- Leading due diligence activities with M&A targets in cooperation with private equity partner;
- Collaborating with executive management to develop corporate strategy including customer segmentation, product and various market strategies and develop pro-forma business cases to support strategy
- Developing competitive intelligence capabilities to shape company strategy;
- Extensive financial modeling of structures and returns, business plans and commercial arrangements;
- Preparing and presenting opportunities for review by executive management and corporate review boards;
- Structuring and negotiating acquisitions;
- Developing and program managing acquisition integration activities across the enterprise
- BS/BA in Business, Engineering or related degree; MBA from a top tier program preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the technology industry required (software preferred);
- 7-10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity and/or corporate development preferred;
- Substantial track record of corporate strategy, business partnership and M&A closing experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with senior executives;
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions;
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to travel as needed (estimated
- Relocation assistance provided
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.