Technical Support Representative (Overnight)
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Technical Support Representative is responsible for an overall focus on positive proactive end-user customer service and customer experience through phone, email, and our internal case management systems. This position will work overnight hours up to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- Answer customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting assistance.
- Monitor and respond to tickets, monitoring alerts, and general inquiries from internal and external customers with the ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment such as basic networking and DNS.
- Work within a team of Service Desk Technicians to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues.
- Communicate with shift replacement personnel on any and all outstanding and escalated issues.
- Create detailed documentation of the technical troubleshooting and issue resolution within the Salesforce ticketing system.
- As a trusted advisor, create and maintain effective customer relationships – with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Resolve operational issues with customers with strict adherence to the company’s Service Level Objectives.
- Ability to adhere to and enforce established company security standards.
- Maintain the technical/physical integrity of customer solutions.
- Work with management to establish or revise procedures and processes as necessary.
- Maintain an effective working relationship across internal departments by recognizing their functional objectives and keeping all lines of communication open.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes, and systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires shift work.
- The Technical Support Team provides 24x7x365 support to Zayo's customers. This position will work overnight hours which may include nights, weekends, and/or holidays as shift rotations require.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and quality assurance skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to grasp new technical information quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an intense environment.
- Must be able to work closely and effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and team interaction skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave