Envysion, a leading provider of video-based SaaS technology solutions for retailers, fast casual restaurants and wireless dealers, is looking for a talented Systems Engineer to help us advance our suite of SaaS products. This is a great opportunity for someone to use his or her expertise in systems, networks and operations as a member of a dynamic team that designs, develops, tests and maintains the infrastructure for our products. This position will focus on improving availability and performance within our products.
- Develop and advocate for operational best practices, standards and processes across all environments.
- Work in a team environment to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes.
- Implement, maintain and improve shared infrastructure (log collection, configuration management, metric collection platform).
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate tasks and maintain operational tools.
- Work with development teams to ensure monitoring & alert configurations to detect, triage and resolve issues quickly.
- Work with development teams to ensure best practices for disaster recovery and backups are implemented.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated by internal customers, external partners and critical systems, including implementing and deploying emergency hot fixes.
- This position will require support outside of standard business hours to complete system upgrades and application deployments, as well as provide support for emergencies and outages.
- Provide database troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Develop tools, scripts and queries to automate the validation of data.
- Improve database designs for performance, scalability and disaster recovery across multiple data centers and platforms.
- Actively monitor the performance and stability of all of the production databases infrastructure, using your analytical skills to anticipate future problems and resolve them effectively.
- Develop best practices for automating database deployments to product development environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a systems administration role including experience with UNIX/LINUX administration.
- Familiarity with build and release automation, dependency management.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS preferred, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, Hadoop, etc.).
- Experience with infrastructure automation and container frameworks (Docker, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting language experience.
- SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Solid understanding of network routing and subnetting.
- Experience with datacenter networking.
- In-depth experience operating a 24x7 production environment.
- Ability to quickly triage problems under pressure, determine root cause and drive resolution.
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others through knowledge sharing.
- Experience working in Agile teams and project teams.
- Experience with Jenkins.
Envysion is an equal opportunity employer.