Named among the best workplaces in the U.S. by Great Place to Work five times, honored on FORTUNE Magazine’s inaugural list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, and chosen as the “Market Leader in Incentive Compensation” by CRM magazine, Xactly is proud to be disrupting the incentive compensation market space. We’re building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us!
As a SysAdmin in Xactly's Denver office, you will be responsible for Xactly’s global system footprint, ensuring 24X7 uptime and support for local servers and clients. You will also need to be proactive in securing all the logical business systems and intellectual property behind the firewall. You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. The technology landscape is evolving, and the person in this role participates in technical research and development to enable innovation. They will also ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to the Vision of Xactly. You will also take on projects and be responsible for all phases, including definition, analysis, design, build, testing and change management.
Not only do we offer strong growth opportunities for top performers, but we also have a top-notch culture, benefits (check them out below) and more. Our strong C.A.R.E. values - Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect & Excellence - guide our every move, allowing us to be a leader in the incentive compensation & performance management market. We set the example with excellent customer experience and deliver an award-winning SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product!
- Working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice in an on-call role
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of internal systems including hardware/software support, training, and special projects
- Interface with all teams / end-users to design and deliver enhancements.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Generate, track, and close trouble tickets for facilities, server, application, technical, and network support
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Provisioning and de-provisioning of access across systems and applications, including handling of lockouts, expired passwords and password resets
- Provide daily helpdesk support per request from the user base. Investigate, troubleshoot, and solve issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Assist with inventory, audits of hardware, software, and parts
- Participate in establishing operational objectives
- Experience as a LINUX, VMWare and Windows Server administrator; certifications a plus
- Experience supporting Mac and Windows machines in a shared environment
- 2+ years experience in the of systems management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support.
- Works effectively with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting multiple network technologies (switches, firewalls, and wireless)
- Experience administering Cloud Applications
- Experience with Cisco UCS
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Free Parking and Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days, Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
About Xactly Corporation
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: To incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our products allow organizations to make more strategic decisions, increase employee performance, improve margins, and mitigate risk. Our core values are key to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.