Sr. Network Engineer
HomeAdvisor is looking for a smart, motivated, and energetic Senior Network Engineer to join our Production Data Center team. In this role, you’d managing our production website network infrastructure as well as HomeAdvisor’s enterprise network. Our website will soon surpass 15 million unique visitors each month, so ensuring that our systems are reliable and scalable is of utmost importance. That makes the Senior Network Engineer role critical to our business. You will be joining a team of seasoned pros who cover a wide spectrum of skills and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. While this role would primarily support (and work from) the Denver, CO Headquarters (RiNo Arts District), may also need to travel to our co-lo facility in Aurora, CO.
- Responsible for HomeAdvisor’s production network supporting a high traffic ecommerce web site.
- Provide key direction in defining architecture behind global scale and load shifting.
- Responsible for maintaining and scaling network infrastructure including monitoring, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and upgrades.
- Assist in defining network security posture and managing counter measure strategies.
- Multiple peers, MPLS, VOIP, BGP, hybrid cloud network architecture and Load Balancing at multiple layers.
- Responsible for network traffic engineering – Layer-2: spanning tree, Layer-3: Routing, QoS.
- Work with Telephony team to maintain distributed VoIP network including distributed connections to multiple SIP providers, maintaining EF/QoS rules for VoIP traffic and configuration of voice routers/gateways.
- Maintain documentation associated with all network equipment including detailed diagrams, IP address usage, device configurations, operating procedures, maintenance plans and service records.
- Participate in Tier 2 on-call rotation and respond to Tier 2 escalations (a week-long stint every 4 weeks) that may involve working outside normal business hours.
- Work closely with other departments and collaborate with other IT staff.
- 2-5 years' experience working with F5 BigIP LTM.
- 2-5 years’ experience managing high traffic web sites.
- 5 years’ experience working in the design, configuration, installation, testing, and maintenance of local and wide area computer wired networks.
- 5 years’ experience shaping and directing of network traffic based on load, location (GSLB), attack (DDOS), and application performance.
- 3 years’ experience working with firewalls including Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and/or Juniper SRX.
- Experience working with Juniper JunOS on current Juniper network products (EG: EX series switches, QFX switches, SRX firewalls, etc.).
- Network certification a plus (EG: PCNSA/PCNSE, JNCIS, CCNA/CCNP, Network+, etc.)
- Familiarity with Arista networking equipment and OS a plus.
- Familiarity with VMware ESXi virtualization environment and virtual networking technologies.
- Familiarity with AWS and Azure infrastructure.
- Good communication and troubleshooting skills when dealing with production-impacting changes and problems.
- Disciplined approach to maintenance and upgrades - you need to be able to accurately document and execute any and all proposed changes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly of technical subjects, as well as impeccable listening skills.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and reprioritize tasks as priority changes.
- Must possess the ability to both work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
HomeAdvisor joined forces with Angie’s List in September 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. Our parent company, ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
HomeAdvisor aims to hire the best, but cannot provide work visa sponsorship at this time. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. If you’re interested in joining our team, apply today! If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk.
If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
High School or better.
2-5 years: Experience working with F5 BigIP LTM
2-5 years: Experience managing high traffic web sites.
5 years: Design, configuration, installation, testing, and maintenance of local and wide area computer wired networks
5 years: Shaping and directing of network traffic based on load, location (GSLB), attack (DDOS), and application performance
3 years: Experience working with firewalls including Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and/or Juniper SRX