Senior VoIP Engineer
Senior VoIP Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA or Denver, CO
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
- Diagnose, Troubleshoot, resolve Quality issues related to VoIP, Video and telephony platforms and applications
- Deploy and Maintain complex voice infrastructure components, automated approaches for identifying and fixing voice quality issues.
- Participate with Engineering teams on design and architecture of voice/video services optimizing quality
- Debug Voice quality trends and issue using big data dashboards and other diagnostic tools
- Review network design and configuration and make recommendations to improve functionality, quality and throughput
- Participate in on-call rotations to include nights, weekends, holidays
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong scripting/programming background is a plus
- Certification with Oracle SBC vendor a plus
Experience and Skills:
- Industry experience of 4-7 years is preferred
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of SBCs – preferably Oracle/Acme but knowledge of others is welcome
- Deep understanding of VoIP/Video over IP technology
- Linux/Unix administration, ability to navigate through a system, look at logs, etc.
- Protocols – SIP, RTP, RTCP, SRTP, H323
- Codecs – G.711, G.722, G729, OPUS
- Fast learner with ability to self-teach and dig through documentation
- Deep understanding of OSI layer and how network conditions affect voice quality
- Understanding of IP QoS protocols, MPLS
- Good knowledge of VoIP quality measurement models - E–model, PESQM, POLQA
- Good understanding of Key voice quality metrics (Delay, Jitter, packet loss)
- Any experience with OCOM/Palladion, e.g. installing and maintaining the application and probes
- Good understanding of NAT traversal solutions
- Experience with Kibana
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with various test tools to test media and voice, video quality
- Flare for debugging difficult Voice quality issues in the field
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Data driven decision maker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS/BA in CS/EE
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.