Senior System Administrator
We’re looking for a smart, motivated, and energetic Systems Administrator with strong and automation experience to join our Production Data Center team. In this role, you’d oversee the support and development of the systems behind our production website, including our Dev/QA environment. On average, a consumer turns to HomeAdvisor or Angie’s List every second, so ensuring that our systems can support that volume and growth is of utmost importance. That makes the Systems Administrator role critical to our business. You will be joining a team of seasoned professionals who cover a wide spectrum of skills and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. While this role would primarily support (and work from) the Golden, CO office, you may need to travel to our co-lo facility in Aurora, CO. This role will transition to our new headquarters in the RiNo Art District in Denver in early 2019.
Who we are and what we do:
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, combined in 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 11 brands in eight countries. Our Headquarters has been named one of Denver’s Top Workplaces for each of the last 6 years, and we’re widely known for a flexible, casual work environment focused on productivity and contribution.
- Build, deploy and support our ever-growing infrastructure.
- Share support responsibilities for HomeAdvisor’s production website, including Dev and QA environments including installing, configuring, maintaining, and patching servers.
- Monitor, back-up, analyze, automate and troubleshoot server infrastructure. Recommend/ implement changes to improve reliability, resiliency, and performance.
- Maintaining internal and external DNS, email and ftp services.
- Developing, maintaining and following the team’s online documentation including formal operations policies, processes and procedures.
- Participate on-call rotation that may involve working outside normal business hours.
- Work closely with other departments and collaborate with technical staff.
You will be on the front line of automation and working directly with development teams. Our goal at HomeAdvisor is to speed the delivery of application infrastructure through automation. The site you will be building and managing supports 15 million unique visitors a month and we are building the world class architecture required to grow that number.
- Experience with tools such as Git and Ansible is important, as well as experience with scripting languages like Python.
- AWS cloud experience including EC2 and EBS in a multiple VPCs is a huge plus.
- Firm understanding, and experience in automation of Linux security including SIEM solutions
- A daily working familiarity with the Apache/Tomcat web stack
- Understanding of Docker use in container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Mesos is a huge plus.
- Experience using application monitoring platforms with emphasis on user experience monitoring. (Huge plus if you have experience adding monitoring in an auto-scaling environment.)
- Experience supporting a VMWare ESXi virtualized environment in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience managing storage infrastructure, direct-attached, SAN or NAS.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux scripting with UNIX shell, Perl, or Python.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Networked Storage via iSCSI or NFS.
- 3+ years of experience with SAN or NAS systems.
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux System Administrator supporting Redhat/CentOS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly of technical subjects, as well as impeccable listening skills.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Good judgment and troubleshooting skills when dealing with production-impacting changes and problems including the ability to follow directions to the letter (and the wisdom to know when to throw the directions out the window).
HomeAdvisor aims to hire the best, but cannot provide work visa sponsorship at this time. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. If you’re interested in joining our team, apply today!
If you have questions about this role, our culture, or your application status, you can join one of our weekly chats to talk directly with our recruiting team: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us. This is not an interview - just a chance to ask questions and chat with our team.
Yes. Must be able to commute to our co-lo facility as needed.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
5 years: Linux Redhat/CentOS experience
3 years: SAN or NAS experience
3 years: Network Storage via iSCSI or NFS
5 years: Linux scripting with UNIX shell, Perl, or Python