Senior Manager or Director of Lifecycle Marketing
Guild wants to increase economic mobility for working adults in America, providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. We believe this is an important opportunity and a difficult one. In order to achieve our mission to serve more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. We’re looking to bring on a Senior Manager or Director of Lifecycle Marketing.
As our lead on Lifecycle Marketing, you’ll directly impact our ability to achieve our mission by guiding our new student retention and re-enrollment marketing initiatives cross-client and industry. You’ll learn about our students, business and clients in order to engage, retain and re-enroll students as we expand our corporate partnerships and grow the population of students we have the opportunity and desire to serve.
In this role, you’ll bring skills and expand your expertise by:
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild
- Developing targeted content and nurture campaigns that convey the value of educational benefits and effectively drive action and outcomes
- Prototyping new strategies, iterating and testing to increase our lead → application submit conversions
A day in our open, collaborative workspace will look a little like this:
- Developing an editorial/customer lifecycle calendar and segmentation strategy, creating and reviewing content, A/B testing and running cohesive cross-channel engagement strategies
- Owning the voice of our student communications, and managing it across various teams and channels
- Initiating changes that make our efforts more impactful and efficient (e.g. automation, LTV analysis, innovation and experimentation with emerging technologies and techniques)
- Managing the admin sides of Facebook, AdWords, Marketo, Google Analytics, and Salesforce platforms as you create, deploy and measure cross-channel content strategies that sustain student engagement throughout their academic journey toward completion
- Collaborating with Guild’s student-facing teams such as Enrollment Services and Student Services, and working with Product and Biz Ops as well.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Growing the number of active students demonstrated by increased lead volume and applications
- Increasing re-enrollment across companies and academic programs
- Partnering cross-functionally to improve student LTV
- Increasing engagement and performance (e.g. CTR, open, conversion) across digital and offline campaigns, overall and by client
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll join a team:
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- A growth-oriented mindset reinforced by your enthusiasm for rapid iteration and prototyping
- Experience in similar or related roles in B2B, B2C or B2B2C companies developing engaging content while quantitatively measuring and improving outcomes
- Examples of how you’ve created and executed successful (i.e. evidence of how you increased engagement and improved retention) campaigns across digital and offline channels
- Experience across the digital and offline channels in a lean environment where you’ve made the strategic plan, written and edited the content, set up the campaign and optimized the results
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- Leadership experience managing complex problems, processes, projects and people
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!