Senior IP Network Engineer
At IntelePeer, we deliver critical, cloud-based communications you can build on with Voice, Messaging, Analytics, and Multi-Channel Applications. We make it easy to connect to and use our platform with any service or application from anywhere in the world. Our products are backed by a rock-solid network and a team of experts who provide nothing but award-winning customer service. As a key member of our team, the Senior IP Network Engineer will support all levels of the organization in all matters related to IP Networking, including, but not limited to, Cisco IOS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, HSRP, VPNs, SSL and IPSec. The Senior IP Network Engineer is responsible for developing and enforcing routing policies and Engineering thresholds. The Senior IP Network Engineer directs project teams responsible for certifying new routing configurations and technologies prior to production implementation. Senior IP Network Engineer is responsible for all layer 2/3 network design, scalability of solution and lifecycle management of network architecture. The Senior IP Network Engineer works directly with customers, vendors, and provides support for operations escalations.
- Responsible for core IP network platform throughout IntelePeer collocated data centers and corporate offices running Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and IOS-XR code
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing (1) networking technologies including BGP, OSPF, ISIS, HSRP, DSCP/QoS best practices, packet capture (2) Security technologies including L2L VPN, Remote Access VPN (SSL and IPSec) on both Fortigate and Cisco IOS platforms
- Familiarity with IP related systems including Solarwinds NPM, ThousandEyes, Observium, RackTables, RANCID
- Manage IP address allocations – for internal networks and external customer VoIP networks – in ARIN RFC6598, and RFC1918 spaces
- Experience with change management and training (1) writing detailed Maintenance Operations Procedures for network platform changes (2) remotely guiding technicians to perform physical work (3) equipping NOC with documentation and formal instructional sessions (4) collaborate in Change Management meetings (5) conduct daily audits of change management software outputs
- Work extensively in collaboration with other engineering teams on design specifications. Work with engineering and product teams to derive network requirements and provide appropriate guidance as it pertains to IP network connectivity.
- Develop and manage projects and implementation strategies for network development and POC work.
- Manage inventory of IP network hardware and keep maintenance support contracts accurate and up to date
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux shell scripting
- Proven track-record for successfully solving mission critical technical problems in extremely fast paced business environments
- Outstanding leadership, project management, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Polished oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and internal staff regardless of their backgrounds and abilities to comprehend complex technical content
- Very highly motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability