The Tax Operations team makes sure our payroll tax engine is running smoothly and firing on all cylinders. We’re looking for people who have a passion for operations, an eye for inefficiencies, and a want to build process at a fast-growing start-up. We’re a small, tight group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be a process pro. Our customers depend on us to make their employer tax payments and filings accurately and on time. You’ll help process filings and make payments to employer tax agencies on behalf of our customers.
- Be a detective. When we hit errors or roadblocks in the process, you’ll investigate and solve issues that arise. Then you’ll help prevent it from happening again.
Be an ambassador. You’ll own a portfolio of employer tax agencies. You’ll work with them to make sure we represent our customers the best we can, from setup through filing. Along the way, you’ll constantly keep our processes and documentation up to date.
Be an influencer. Provide business insights and recommendations based on data that will drive our strategy.
Be a builder. Build and implement scalable processes.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience. We are looking for 2-4 years experience; experience in operations work in a startup / fast-moving tech environment preferred.
- Problem solving. You love understanding why something happened, fixing it, and then making sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Improvement mentality. You’ll constantly challenge the status quo and have proven process improvement experience.
- Organization. You’re comfortable keeping projects on track.
- Customer-first mindset. We love our customers, and you’ll help us fulfill our mission of helping business owners focus on what they do best: growing their business.
- Software-savvy. You can pick up new systems and tools quickly.
This is a full-time position based in Denver, Colorado.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.