Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Manager, NCC provides direction, leadership, and supervision of NCC Technicians during daily network monitoring, repair, and maintenance activities.
- Develop, mentor, and train the NCC staff.
- Seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
- Develop, document, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for the day-to-day operations with NCC management’s guidance.
- Promote a strong culture committed to service quality through the successful execution of repeatable, well-designed processes.
- Monitor the status of alarms, alerts, Salesforce tickets, and processes to ensure daily dispatches and repairs are being completed timely.
- Communicate policy and procedural changes to the NCC staff.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate them to NCC management team.
- Generate reports for the NCC management team in regards to service availability, MTTR, overall customer and network volumes.
- Oversee and manage special projects as needed.
- Maintain center objectives as assigned by NCC management team.
- Ensure continual process improvement within the NCC, including but not limited to, automation of NCC tasks and reporting, initiatives, and routine administrative tasks.
- Maintain communication with NCC management team during outages until issues are resolved.
- Develop and drive improvements to processes and procedures utilizing root cause analysis.
- Identify and interview candidate(s) for the NCC team, when needed.
- Monitor customer/network work queues to ensure 100% compliance with SLAs and to ensure all cases are being assigned on a daily basis.
- Ensure that NCC Technicians are working network and customer outages as efficiently and effectively as possible to meet customer and NCC expectations.
- Daily review of the NCC shift hand-off report to ensure that dispatches, tasks, and maintenance projects are consistently completed on time.
- Assist with administering performance reviews.
- The Manager, NCC is required to be on call and/or work various shifts (such as weekends and/or evenings.)
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with accounting software, contact management systems (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office.
- Analytical thinking, ability to problem solve.
- Ability to manage and coordinate projects.
- Ability to review fiber network drawings and determine area of damage based on Optical Time Domain Reflectometer traces.
- Understands fiber and cable characteristics.
- Familiar with fiber optic and cable installation and maintenance handling.
- Must possess the ability to manage customer situations. Ability to respond in a professional manner to customer complaints and issues.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in written communication.
- Must have experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- Extensive knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet and IP Networking
- BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, VPLS, ELAN, ELINE Spanning Tree Protocols
- Cisco and Juniper Operating Systems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave