Jr. Systems Administrator
Mersive is a rapidly growing software company in downtown Denver that offers an award-winning wireless collaboration product suite that is transforming how organizations work and learn. Solstice allows meeting participants to easily share and control content from their laptops and mobile devices to the meeting room display. Wirelessly stream device screens, app windows, HD videos and more – whatever it takes to get the job done. Through unlimited wireless content sharing, Solstice transforms ordinary meeting and learning spaces into collaborative multi-user environments that drive user engagement and better meeting results.
We’re seeking a Jr. Systems Administrator to join our fast-paced IT Team. This person will report to the IT Manager and own responsibility for supporting our internal IT infrastructure and users. The role requires an individual with the drive to learn new things and a passion for supporting the operation of our internal IT systems and users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide initial support for all technology platforms for the entire organization
- Manage help desk tickets from creation to resolution, including detailing troubleshooting steps and escalating issues to higher tier resources when required
- Deploy IT equipment for new hires, including imaging, configuration, IT orientation and physical set up
- Maintain hardware and software inventory
- Create process and procedure documentation as needed
- Leverage IT tools to automate solutions for repetitive tasks
- Support VoIP phone system, and conferencing hardware.
- Manage various infrastructure projects, such as hardware upgrades and system implementations, from start to completion.
- Interacting with third party vendors for support and purchases
- Work occasional evenings and weekends as required
- Must have excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite: Windows, Office 365, Windows Server
- Experience with Mac OS
- Linux Experience a plus
- Knowledge of networking concepts, such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Firewall and switch configuration experience a plus
- Able to research and make recommendations for new technologies as needed
- Able to configure a variety of devices, including servers, network equipment, A/V equipment, desktops, laptops, iPhone/Android smartphones and printers
- Responsive and proactive to customer requests + able to maintain a friendly persona under pressure
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, simultaneous assignments
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Have the drive and aptitude to take on new projects, learn new skillsets, and expand current knowledgebase
- At least 2 years’ experience with helpdesk and computer troubleshooting, including desktop, laptops, and smartphones
- At least 1-year experience with project work in a dynamic IT environment
- Relevant certifications or education a plus.
Mersive offers competitive compensation and benefits providing choice and flexibility for our employees. Our offerings include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Generous PTO plan
- Company paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Collaborative, open and pet friendly work environment