IP Install Technician
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Zayo’s IP team consists of highly motivated technical professionals who are responsible for IP solutions implemented on Zayo’s Tier 1 international network. The team lives in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused environment. Team members are self-motivated individuals who strive to exceed both group-level and company-level objectives and goals.
The IP Activations team is responsible for both scheduled and unscheduled customer activations. Ideal candidates will possess working knowledge of Layer 1-3 networks including fiber, optics, CAT5/CAT6, VLANS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and IPv4/IPv6 networking and configuration. Troubleshooting experience in a NOC environment is a plus.
- Activations: Individual is responsible for managing and completing activation tasks as assigned in a timely manner. This position will focus on new service activations, both scheduled and unscheduled. Participation in a rotating after-hours on-call rotation is required.
- Communication: Individual will be expected to communicate with multiple groups and organizations both customer and internal facing.
- Network Documentation: Individual will be responsible for creating and updating network documentation.
- 3-5 years industry experience.
- Understanding and experience of layer 2/3 network protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave