FTT Install Technician
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The FTT Install Tech I is an entry level position within the FTT (Fiber-to-the-Tower) organization. Technician will be responsible for the configuration on pre-installed equipment at the cell site and within the core for all customer services. Once the configuration is complete the technician will then proceed with testing utilizing RFC2544 and Y.1731 or similar protocol. Tech I’s will ensure all new and change orders are complete each day by closely monitoring the salesforce dashboards. Techs are responsible for closing their tasks and orders in Salesforce.
- Provision, test, and turn up new FTT services across the Cyan, Ciena, Telco Systems and Cisco platforms.
- Technician must be able to provision new layer-2 services on the Cyan, Ciena, Telco Systems and Cisco Routers.
- Test services using RFC2544 and/or Y.1731 and document results in Salesforce.
- Load new devices in SevOne.
- Daily monitoring Salesforce dashboards for all new and change services.
- Work nights and/or weekends as necessary for customer testing and turn-up.
- Assist with network / customer audits.
- Work directly with customers and provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all tasks and orders are properly closed in Salesforce.
- Learn something new every day!
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school and two years related experience and/or training specific to IP and Ethernet networking; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Entry Level but must be competent in layers 1-3 of the OSI model.
- CCNA or equivalent is a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Great customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the trouble ticketing and circuit inventory software
- Special considerations and prerequisites
- Working conditions (Days/Nights/Weekends) Must be able to support a flexible schedule, typically with advanced notice.
- Physical demands (ex: bending, sitting, lifting, driving – see ADA chart)
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave