Fraud Operations Analyst
Do you possess stellar investigative skills and have an eye for fraudulent activities? Do you like being in the front lines of a company’s business? The Fraud Operations team is one of the key differentiators among Ibotta’s competitors. We are looking for someone who will take personal pride in isolating, reporting and curtailing fraudulent account activity to minimize Ibotta's exposure to loss through service misuse and abuse.
- Communicate with your peers and cross-functional partners regarding fraud trends, patterns, and other malicious activity
- Challenge the status quo working collaboratively as well as independently on projects focused on improving moderation methods, policies, and internal tools
- Prioritize and triage workflow as daily demand requires
- Use data analysis to inform your decisions and the direction of the team’s daily efforts to find suspicious, malicious, or low-quality accounts
- Coordinate Fraud Operations workflow and craft reports as needed or assigned
- Attend regular departmental and cross-departmental meetings
- Complete special Fraud Operations projects assigned by the Fraud Operations Manager and/or IC Director
- Assist with Fraud Operations Supervisor and Manager duties as needed
- Minimum 2 years of fraud review or a risk mitigation role (mobile and e-commerce preferred)
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to quickly identify patterns and trends across seemingly unrelated content
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Curious-minded enough to pursue open-ended leads, but pragmatic enough to understand when to move on from an issue
- Strong working knowledge of the Ibotta app, Slack, ZenDesk, iOS and Android operating systems preferred
- Moderate to Advanced Excel skills
- Basic understanding of SQL and similar languages with an ability to manipulate and draw insights from data.
- Proficiency in pulling and interpreting data using reporting software (Looker experience preferred)
- Must be organized, positive, proactive, and results-oriented
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver clear and succinct interpretations of extensive research in a manner accessible to all relevant Ibotta teams
- Dedication to teamwork and a passion for guiding and aligning other teams with Ibotta’s goals and expectations
- High school diploma or GED required; 4-year degree preferred (or equivalent working experience)
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.