Please review the job details below.
The Director of Strategy will report to the SVP, Chief Strategy and Corporate Development Officer for Maxar and will help develop and support execution of Maxar’s corporate strategy. The individual will be involved in a range of activities including annual strategic planning, market and competitive research, corporate strategy projects, business unit strategy development, M&A pipeline development, M&A diligence, post-merger integration. The role requires close interaction with senior executives throughout the company on a wide array of business issues, and the individual will have a significant opportunity to impact the growth, direction and future of the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with senior management and business unit teams to develop corporate and business unit strategies
- Work with senior management to manage the annual strategic planning process and drive ongoing, timely assessments of how well the business units are executing against the plan
- Conduct research and analysis on customer needs, target markets, technology trends, competitive performance, etc.
- Conduct research on potential M&A, JVs, partnerships consistent with the corporate strategy
- Assist diligence teams in performing M&A diligence assessments
- Update and refine strategy metrics and dashboards
- Support development of strategy material for the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with roles in a strategy consulting firm, corporate strategy department, or investment banking firm
- MBA degree; engineering degree a plus
- Must be a US citizen
- Strong leadership and communications skills and demonstrated ability to influence senior executives
- Track record of working across multiple business units/functions to drive consensus in matrixed teams
- Quantitative analysis and critical reasoning skills, with ability to apply a broad range of frameworks, approaches and methodologies to solve complex business problems
- Ability to gather, analyze and present data to create a compelling story
- Broad exposure to different business models and business strategies
- Demonstrated success in strategy process formulation in highly fluid growth environment.
- A clear ability to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities along with skillful management of the relationships involved.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.