Deployment Team Manager
Deployment Team Manager
Job Type: Contractor to employee conversion
Location: Denver, CO
Department: SRE - Engineering
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees.
We are a growing team of qualified deployment engineers and our charter is deploying company releases/patches to Staging, UAT and Production environments, which are distributed across the globe (USA, Europe, Brazil, Singapore, Japan). We are expanding our footprint in the public cloud, so a part of this role is participation in AWS/GCP cost management and other public cloud-related initiatives.
- Leading a team (4-5 people) responsible for deploying releases/patches to multiple environments (Staging, UAT, & Production)
- Manage and supervise deployment projects
- Initiate and implement business process improvements, process automation, etc.
- UAT support
- Participation in public cloud cost management
- Establish reliable control, reporting process
- Communication with internal teams
- Motivate, encourage and develop a group of people
- Work with no supervision and ability to meet strict deadlines
- 3+ years IT team management experience
- Project management experience
- Technical background (Linux and Windows servers, virtualization, private/public cloud, system administration)
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize in a fast-moving environment
Will be a big plus:
- General understanding of the SDLC
- Distributed team's management experience
- Public cloud cost management experience (AWS/GCP)
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.