Customer Support Representative
MakeMusic is looking for you to join the team as Customer Support Representative delivering exceptional customer experience to help create successful educators, students, and musicians through utilizing MakeMusic's line of products. This position will be responsible for answering questions, resolving product registration and account-related issues for the MakeMusic product line. This is an hourly paid position working 40 hours/week that is full-time and permanent.
As Customer Support Rep, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues via telephone and e-mail
- Gain an understanding of how our customers utilize our products in order to offer additional guidance and suggestions for more effective use and implementation of our software
- Suggest the use of additional MakeMusic products when applicable
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Minimum of 1-year experience using SmartMusic and/or Finale
- Demonstrated effectiveness in verbal and written technical communication
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Proven positive ‘can do’ ‘will do’ attitude
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during escalated situations
- Ability to be flexible with changes in inbound contact volume, both seasonally and day-to-day, while also balancing additional duties and tasks
- Strong ability to multi-task under minimal supervision
- Technical proficiency with PC and Mac platforms
Ideally, you also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Music or Music Education is desired
- Passion for music and demonstrated use of additional music software/DAWs etc.
- Previous customer-facing service experience in-person, via telephone, or via email/online communication
- Availability to work some nights until 7 PM
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weightlifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic joined the company's TrainingPeaks and TrainHeroic under the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado which has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
SmartMusic is award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!