Customer Operations Leadership
Customer Operations Leadership
Gusto provides an all-in-one people platform for small and medium businesses in the United States. These businesses are the backbone of America’s economy and they effectively hire Gusto to take care of some of their most important and complicated core needs – including full-service payroll and health benefits. In practice this means: handling all payroll taxes (filings and notices) for our business customers with the IRS, state and local agencies, and enrolling and servicing employees of these business customers in vital benefits services including health insurance.
Ensuring these services are impeccably delivered is part of our core service promise and represents a phenomenal operational opportunity. We’re looking for a gifted leader who can create beautiful workflows to abstract the complexity of taxes and health insurance from our business customers and their employees. By filing millions of tax forms correctly and on time and by delivering an extraordinary service to employees as they enroll in and have questions about health insurance, we give business owners peace of mind that very few platforms can offer.
We’re looking for a pioneer in Technology & Operations Management. You have a special talent for operational thinking that manifests in managing and improving processes within both product and service delivery.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of team and people leadership experience
- Energized by process optimization including automation; experienced in digitization, self-service, and LEAN/Kaizen/other approaches to maximizing quality and efficiency.
- Customer-centric leader with a passion for delivering the best customer outcome with the initial task or contact.
- An amazing operations leader with skill in empowering teams and work processes to consistently meet throughput, quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction targets.
- A data-driven leader who effectively uses business metrics to tell the story of our operations team and customer experience, and to develop ROI-driven case for improvement.
- An effective influencer with experience advocating for tools, automation, and support from stakeholders
What you’ll do:
- Build and empower a highly capable operations organization; hire the right people, be a performance manager and coach, champion a fun and inclusive work environment, and inspire them to deliver consistently great customer experiences.
- Design a well-oiled, multi-function system to seamlessly pay and resolve all payroll tax issues and all employee health insurance needs that includes basic research, design, engineering, product and process development
- Relentlessly improve the way we operate at Gusto; delivering amazing customer outcomes with processes that are effective and highly scalable.
- Examine work processes and make recommendations for how to deliver the most cost-effective impact - human process, automation, or both.
- Deeply understand the pain points and winning moments within the customer journey and how they are impacted by Gusto’s operations functions.
- Smooth networks of information and workflows that tie operating units together and the systems that support these networks
- Contribute to and own aspects of the leadership team across CX – act as a sounding board to the Head of Customer Experience, partner with recruiting and finance teams, provide recommendations on what data is most critical for Insights teams to focus on, etc.
- Oversee and optimize the existing workflows and prepare teams for at-scale motions and growth – e.g. add rigor to processes, think long-term about the onboarding and ramp of team members, and ensure the right engineering and product teams are activated to support additional complexities and number of customers