Customer Insights Lead
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups - increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. Now, we’re looking to add a Student Insights Lead to the team.
You’ll love this role if you are excited to use your research and storytelling skills to understand Guild’s current and potential students, ultimately enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably, all while moving at startup speed. You’ll work deeply with many of Guild’s internal teams - from technology to client success, deploying qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to tell an inclusive story of our students’ experience.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Morning standup where you discuss recent trends in overall student metrics and how we expect this to shift as we move into the upcoming enrollment season with new clients.
- Mid-morning spent with education coaches and a few students, mapping out their day to day lives to build a customer journey map
- Early afternoon building a new survey with our student success team, diving into the time barriers impacting their students and exploring ways we can support those students differently
- Late afternoon digesting your notes from recent employer store visits, crafting the story for your conversation with marketing and design about your newest refinements to our user personas
- And so much more!
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Excitement about doing and delivering practical research that moves at the speed of Guild’s students (fast!)
- 5+ years as a customer insights professional with a demonstrated history of research which drives meaningful impacts to business
- Experience with a broad array of qual research methodologies including but not limited to user interviews, journey mapping, personas/segmentation, observational/ethnographic research, research facilitation and recruitment.
- Experience with quant research methodologies specifically, survey research, basic statistical testing, summary statistics, brand tracking, NPS
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Act as the internal subject matter expert and teacher across the company in understanding our students, their behavior, and motivations.
- Manage and prioritize research roadmap and team of researchers working on a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- (Preferred) Experience managing teams delivering research
- (Preferred) Experience working in a regulated space
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!