● Collects to terms—negotiates payment plans; may need to elevate cash flow problems according to management reporting structure. Takes appropriate action such as credit hold, placement with collections; ability to work independently done with little or no guidance.
● A/R disputes—works with customer to determine reason(s) for non-payment of invoices; works to resolve disputes and collects outstanding balance.
● Credit—facilitates sales and managing risk by reviewing order release and customer master file; releasing orders as appropriate; setting credit limit or order release based on research; elevating as necessary. Identify bad debt and set reserve.
● Process improvement—identify root causes, recommends and implements solutions. Establishes/updates best collection practices.
● Acts as a technical specialist on certain types of transactions and provides guidance and assistance to junior members of the team related to this. Demonstrates independent thinking and works with little or no direction. May need guidance or approval on highly complex issues. Assists junior members of team in moderately complex situations.
● Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
● Completes work primarily independently
● Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
● Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
● Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education
Requires a 2 year degree and 3–5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.