Assistant Director of Admissions
University of Idaho
Assistant Director of Admissions
Location: Off Campus Location - Denver, Colorado
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $45,656 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Assistant Director for Admissions (Recruitment) implements the University of Idaho recruitment and conversion initiatives for prospective and admitted undergraduate students and will act as the primary University of Idaho contact for high schools and regional community colleges in assigned geographical areas of responsibility. In addition, the assistant director will also conduct recruiting activities in other selected areas as necessary. With a strong work ethic and understanding of enrollment cycles, the assistant director will assist prospective students and their parents in their transition to the University of Idaho, to include representing the University of Idaho at college nights, college fairs, tours, financial aid nights, visits to high schools and community colleges, and following up with contacts. This position is responsible for tracking and understanding the student market in the assigned region, understanding educational systems, and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of UI program, degrees, admissions requirements, and institutional data points, as well as independently managing a budget provided to them for recruitment initiatives and activities specific to their region. The assistant director is also responsible for assisting with other selected on and off-campus recruitment programs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience compiling and analyzing information and data for reporting.
- Experience planning, organizing, promoting, and implementing programs for large and small groups.
- Ability to operate independently, exercising independent judgement and discretion with little or no guidance, and to be able to make decisions on behalf of the Office of Admissions and the University that are appropriate, timely, and defensible.
- Strong written communication skills as evidenced in the application materials.
- Experience speaking publicly.
- Good knowledge of, and ability to use Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in student counseling, education, business or public relations, or other related field.
- Good knowledge of a student centered/customer service oriented philosophy.
- Knowledge of Idaho and the University of Idaho.
- Experience working in an admissions office.
- Experience operating audio/visual/video equipment, and computer experience.
- Extensive experience in recruiting, public relations, sales, marketing, or related field.
- Ability to learn admissions and financial aid requirements and deadlines for high school and transfer students.
- General knowledge about all University of Idaho programs, majors, services, their requirements, restrictions and costs.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a team with a variety of people, including students, faculty, and administrators.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and/or otherwise move 40 pounds.
- Willingness to travel for several weeks in the fall and in the spring and to work selected evenings and weekends.
Posting Number: SP002170P
Posting Date: 04/30/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, with a first consideration date of May 28, 2019. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.