The Media Planner will be a highly strategic role responsible for implementing, optimizing, and reporting on media campaigns across a variety of outlets. In this role, you’ll be helping to identify and execute advertising campaigns, seeking out the latest innovation and opportunity to create best-in-class media recommendations, and providing actionable campaign insights to internal teams to inform optimization programs.
An ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of both digital and traditional (TV, Radio, OOH, Print) planning and will be passionate about creative media with a sense of ownership of the work that they create.
As this is a new role at Ibotta, sitting in a high performing marketing team, we are looking for a self-starter who can work comfortably across teams to deploy a data-centric approach to media optimization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create, launch, and maintain ad campaigns in multiple platforms in support of Ibotta’s overall marketing objectives
- Monitor and optimize existing media campaigns across digital and traditional media
- Plan media recommendations, including owning vendor relationships from RFP to final media plan
- Collaborate closely and effectively with the User Acquisition Marketing team to drive authentic, consistent, and compelling messaging and customer-centric content across multiple channels, understanding multiple, unique selling propositions
- Stay up-to-date on all relevant market and consumer information necessary for the preparation of the most effective and efficient media planning, testing and optimizations
- Determine the best use of multi-channel media mix including traditional, digital, and social media outlets to best meet Ibotta’s goals and objectives – using constant optimization practices with all vendors and tactics
- Formalize insights and recommendations for all in market media, ad copy and landing page environments
- Miscellaneous reporting tasks (e.g. billing and campaign reconciliation)
What we’re looking for:
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, business or closely related discipline
- 5+ years of integrated media planning and strategy experience to include traditional and emerging media platforms, expertise in bid-based channels (including paid social media and SEM) and remarketing strategies based on database profiling and segmentation
- Deep analytical skills; able to interpret campaign performance and pacing against budget and provide creative optimization recommendations
- Hands-on experience working in social platforms natively (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, Pinterest, Linkedin, Snapchat) and paid social media
- Highly organized and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities
- Ability to make independent decisions and strong execution ability in a fast-paced environment
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.