Social Media Manager - Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented Head of Social Media to join our fast-growing and dynamic team. You will take a leadership role in planning and executing social media strategy across established and emerging social platforms that drive customer engagement and retention. You will lead the social team (3 people) in conceptualizing, creating, promoting, and amplifying short and long form content for social media channels, as well as reporting and optimizing social media performance. You will serve as an internal and external subject matter expert while working with cross-functional teams (Editorial, Marketing and PR). You will have an understanding of best practices while challenging our existing assumptions and approach to social to make us best in class.
Strategy and Reporting
- Define and drive our social media strategy including social channel prioritization, social content recommendations, copy and messaging development, and reposting initiatives across owned and partner social channels
- Analyze data and compile weekly/monthly reports that include metrics on engagement, community growth, and customer acquisition
- Benchmark and monitor competitor and industry leaders in social media to apply best practices and improve the overall social-media strategy
Campaign Management and Content Creation
- Plan, produce, execute and optimize content and social media campaigns from the ground up, working with internal creative and media partners, as well as external creative agency and content partners
- Ideate social-media centric campaigns, and work cross-functionally to support them
- Work with third party partners and our internal legal team to create engagement-driving contests, sweepstakes, and give-aways
- Build relationships with existing influencers, as well as seeking out new relationships, and create influencer marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness, channel growth, and engagement
- In conjunction with PR, oversee on-site/event/in-production social media strategies and execution at major events, conferences, meetings, and other public activities.
- Manage day-to-day customer interactions alongside Customer Care
- Ensure all social communication meets brand guidelines, standards, and tone
- Act as our resident expert on all things social, including best practices, testing emerging platforms, and competitive analysis
- Lead a team of social media professionals, motivating and developing each individual
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with focus in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field and/or combination of relevant experience
- 7+ years of social media experience with agency or consumer brand
- A problem solver with a results orientation; strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively up, down, and across the organization
- Ability to take initiative and act proactively
- Strong team management and motivation abilities
- Strong technical knowledge of social tools and external vendors