SEO Content Specialist
HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced Content Specialist/Editor to join our Search Engine Optimization team. For most businesses, a website is more than just a communication tool, it is a key piece of marketing. For us, HomeAdvisor.com is not only part of our brand, it IS our business. We need someone who thinks like a marketer and edits like a master.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping with all aspects of SEO-related content, which means you’ll be writing, editing, and optimizing content aligned with company and team objectives. You'll be working with an industry-leading team and brand to produce content that is engaging and satisfies users across multiple access points. You will help with all stages of the content cycle - researching, creating, editing and publishing - in addition to balancing internal and external stakeholders.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that HomeAdvisor's content fits with the brand and exhibits expertise, authority and trust, and that content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content.
- Helping maintain content standards, guidelines, and procedures, including editorial calendars and our CMS as needed.
- Help keep content debt and entropy to a minimum, auditing as needed.
- Perform relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- Keyword Research
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc)
- User Engagement & Experience
- Content Briefs and Audits
- Leverage appropriate SEO tools and internal data sets for monitoring, insights and recommendations.
- Maintain clean HTML markup.
Qualities we’re searching for:
- Passionate & curious: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, has a basic understanding of core SEO concepts.
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: balancing the intricacies of Content & SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Amazing editor: with an eye for the slightest of errors.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate in various forms. Excellent writer, proofreader, and editor.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done, but you get the right things done first and consistently find ways to accomplish more with less.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- Demonstrable track record of improving content for the web, and a passion for researching, editing, and creating content
- A degree in Communications or Journalism is preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered
- 3+ years of experience with creating and/or editing content for the web
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus
- Quantitative and pragmatic qualities a plus
- Experience with industry tools and analytics a plus
- Experience with Google Search Console a plus
- Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e., Photoshop and InDesign) or other image editing software a plus
- Content Editing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Content
- Image Editing Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Google Search Console
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.