Senior Public Relations Manager
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Senior Public Relations Manager – Marketo
Marketo is looking for a communications superstar to join its growing corporate communications and brand team. This person will focus on telling Marketo’s product, tech and innovation stories. The ideal candidate will meet all required qualifications, is a self-starter, flexible and a true team player. The role will work closely with marketing and social teams, reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in public relations - in house or agency; Experience working with technology and start-ups, as well as B2B companies.
- Technology media relations experience is a must for this role. This individual needs to have at least three years of experience pitching storylines to technology reporters and outlets for bylines and articles. Needs to understand the process and have wins to report.
- Experience developing strategy, talk-tracks and campaigns around product roll-outs, events and thought leadership projects.
- Ability to manage public relations agencies and evaluate RFPs for new agency.
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams. Ability to work cross-functionally with other groups, including but not limited to, product marketing, product management, engineering, content marketing, customer marketing, demand gen, AR, social media and events.
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting press releases, product messaging, proactive pitches, blog posts and talking points (writing samples will be required).
- Strong media relations/storytelling skills – proven track record of generating coverage for products and data-driven stories in business, trade and technology publications.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
- “Can do” attitude.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 companies/clients and/or B2C companies
- Experience as a former journalist or content writer.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer