Senior Manager, Direct Marketing
Funding Circle Marketing drives growth, but not just Funding Circle’s. We connect small businesses with the funds they need to grow and connect investors with a way to grow their nest egg. So far we’ve lent $8.6 billion resulting in the creation of over 75,000 new jobs globally - and we’re just getting started. We’re data-driven, action-oriented, and just plain fun.
About the Role
Funding Circle is seeking a Marketing Manager in San Francisco, to support profitable growth through our direct mail channel. The Market Manager will have end-to-end accountability for the mail channel’s overall performance and execution accuracy in a data-driven environment.
This role requires someone who's analytical and detail-oriented, but also interested in working with our creative team and outside agencies to test out new materials. The channel can't be successful without both. The successful candidate will oversee direct mail channel strategy with end goal of increasing customer acquisition and driving ROI to meet business objectives for direct mail acquisition channels, including tracking daily performance and results, work with the Data team and continually test who to target, with what message, and at what cadence frequency, and driving innovation in the creative messaging and copy that is used.
- Own the execution and analysis of customer acquisition through direct mail.
- Build channel strategy by leveraging data modeling and print/production partners to deliver innovative and scalable ways to grow our customer base.
- Partner with the customer analytics team to manage audience segmentation strategies across markets and demographic profiles.
- Leverage customer insights and own the full lifecycle of the creative development process in partnership with our in-house creative team.
- Make performance recommendations and share key learnings across broader marketing organization.
- Manage partnerships with external vendors to drive performance improvements and growth opportunities.
- Support channel forecasting and budget allocation.
- Actively seek knowledge and learnings on the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the overall marketing landscape.
- BA/BS degree in a business/marketing related field, with strong quantitative background.
- 5+ years of experience managing successful growth-focused DR marketing campaigns.
- Excellent Excel skills required (familiarity with SQL a strong plus)
- Ability to set-up A/B tests and measure results
- Ability to set goals and execute under tight deadlines required
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven
- Excellent negotiation, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Agile and able to adapt quickly to changes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills