Public Relations & Communications Manager
Public Relations and Communications Manager
Havenly is making the delight of a beautiful home accessible for all and we’re looking for a Public Relations and Communications Manager to join our team. Our ideal candidate has experience coordinating press and public relations partners, managing external agency relationships, and has networks within the medial world (specifically lifestyle, home, and beauty) and knows how to expand them. You’ll partner with Growth Marketing and Business Development teams to grow our brand nationwide. This role reports directly to our VP of Growth and works in our Denver HQ.
What you’ll do:
- Tell our story--You will be responsible for building consumer awareness of the Havenly brand, who we are, and how we are impacting the interior design and Home industry. Manage all media relations, consumer events, public relations, publicity, and corporate communications endeavors.
- Be the external voice of Havenly’s brand--develop and execute communications strategy/programs that are innovative, exciting, and stand out in a competitive media landscape. Be both proactive and reactive with media relations, building and nurturing relationships with key media contacts and acting as Havenly’s brand spokesperson as needed.
- Develop and launch evergreen lifestyle pieces--collaborate with our marketing/growth team to develop ongoing calendar of evergreen and lifestyle pitching to key publications and media outlets. Maintain Havenly’s presence in the media as a thought leader in the Home industry.
- Lead all technology communications at Havenly--you will help define the tech communications philosophy, set strategy for technology communications, and expand our relationships with technology reporters. You will also strategically leverage tech communications to drive our broader business narrative and support our growth goals.
- Leverage your network--you will use your relationships with media, influencers, events organizers and other communications professionals to tell the right stories at the right time. You will constantly develop new media contacts and identify opportunities to spread the Havenly story. You will ensure Havenly is represented at strategic industry events by securing speaking opportunities and media briefings, and prepare our spokespeople to show up as their best selves.
- Be a trusted partner--you will interact with the Havenly leadership and management team often. You will own and build trusted relationships with stakeholders across our business to deliver on your strategy. You will be an advocate for the brand and the communications functions with media, events organizers, advocates and influencers.
- Be part of a bold new approach--we are transforming the way people design spaces in the home and shop for furniture with an entirely new model built around the intersection of real designers, data analytics, and online tooling.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, PR, or a related business field.
- 5+ years of communications experience, both in-house and at an agency, with a history of driving results for consumer startups.
- A commitment to quality, results, and details, as well as the ability to flawlessly multi-task and thrive under pressure and deadlines.
- History building relationships and working successfully with media, specifically in the home, beauty, and lifestyle space.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Connections and activity in the media world (ideally with lifestyle publishers).
- A strong interest in interior design and Home.
Who you are:
- A self-starter who can prioritize, manage & juggle multiple projects at one time
- Sales-minded, and customer-focused. You know how to develop programs to drive results.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and excel working with others - especially external partners
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you. Apply below by sending resumes and cover letter.