Product Marketing Manager
Launched in November 2014, Hotel Engine is a Denver-grown startup that has built a worldwide inventory of wholesale hotel rates unavailable to the public. The invite-only platform saves its members an average of 26% off public rates, as well as offers a full suite of free expense management tools and a unique loyalty program.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Marketing Manager to join our Denver-based marketing team! As a crucial member of a high-performance team, reporting directly to the VP of Marketing and collaborating heavily with Product and Sales leadership, this role offers the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future of a fast-growing brand and product. This role’s primary goal will be driving product adoption, competitive advantage, and customer retention and acquisition. This individual will help build and shape a world-class, revenue generating marketing engine!
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our customers, who are they, how they select a travel management solution, how they book a hotel and their key buying criteria in both decisions.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition, how they are positioned, their market position, and our key competitive opportunities.
- Lead ongoing research exercises into customer behavior, buyer personas, user personas, and untapped opportunities through interviews, surveys, focus groups, heat maps, and booking data
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Develop and manage Product Marketing roadmap, including product voice, in-product messaging opportunities, strategic communications initiatives, etc.
- Create internal and market-facing content such as case studies, videos, landing pages, articles, and blog posts
- Conduct price elasticity research in collaboration with corporate strategy, supplier, and sales departments, as needed
- Understand, document, and optimize the customer journey, including where our audience gets information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make related to business travel. Then drive changes to our product, sales, and marketing strategies based on what you learn.
- Develop/optimize go to market plan for the product in conjunction with the rest of the marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention and expansion of existing customers as well as the acquisition of new customers.
- Demonstrate deep customer knowledge and be the voice of the customer and voice of the buyer to functional teams
- Dream up and produce engaging product demonstrations that are used in videos, at events, and are the basis for customer engagements in the sales process
- Plan and lead launches of major feature releases and net-new products, as required, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as a primary thought leader for the product externally, including speaking engagements and written content.
- Understand and support sales channels; train sales and support on the problems the product solves for our buyers and members; develop internal tools and external collateral to enable successful sales and support operations.
Skills / Experience / Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research, etc.)
- Experience in corporate travel software, hotel, and/or travel management industries a major plus
- Exceptional communicator, including public speaking, facilitation, long and short-form writing, including technical writing for release notes and user guides
- Agile project management exposure and/or experience a plus
- ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Proficient in Adobe suite and/or other graphic design tools
- Experience in productivity and collaboration applications such as Microsoft Office, Asana, Zube, Slack, etc.
- Familiar with marketing automation and analytics tools like Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.
- High EQ with excellent people and leadership skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Experience in a start-up or other high-growth environment
- Demonstrates a healthy balance of pragmatism, optimism, and scrappiness
- Ambitious professional with a deep, unrelenting passion B2B product marketing
- Entrepreneurial type that thrives on building something from scratch and isn’t afraid to step out of their comfort zone to get things done
- High integrity and accountability, effectively prioritizing to meet and exceed deadlines with high quality, low-error work
What we provide:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
- Paid gym membership, snacks, and organic fruit delivery
- Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
- Discounted Wireless Service plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.