Product Marketing Manager, Consumer
Webroot is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager in Broomfield, CO to help us grow our consumer security business. This is a rare opportunity to put your mark on an established and growing $100M+ Consumer product family.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in defining Webroot’s value proposition and go-to-market plans to drive awareness and interest among prospects and influencers, as well as provide targeted content, competitive intelligence, and sales tools to drive successful sales and partner engagements. This individual must possess a good understanding of consumer adoption models via multiple channels including online, app stores and physical retail such as Best Buy and Walmart. Demonstrable experience developing and executing successful consumer product growth strategies is required.
Experience with security technologies and cloud-based services is strongly desired.
- Develop and execute Go-to-Market Strategy- Partner with appropriate stake-holders, including product management, sales, and marketing teams on go-to-market plans and execution for consumer-focused security solutions. Elements of this strategy work will include mapping target customer segments and buying behavior to marketing programs, identifying and prioritizing customer pain points with Webroot’s differentiators, and pricing strategy.
- Sales and Marketing Enablement- Develop and deliver content for sales and partner education and new program proposals. This includes assets such as presentations, whitepapers, battlecards and other collateral. Serve as a key partner to the sales and marketing teams to drive growth.
- Product Messaging/Positioning- Develop/update the “story” as well as the positioning and messaging for consumer solutions. Create core messaging documents to drive marketing program execution, and review deliverables to ensure content is on message.
- Competitive Analysis- Closely monitor marketplace for competitive moves. Identify competitive differentiation, and work with the global Sales and Marketing teams to communicate advantages through competitive matrices Must be comfortable with hands-on analysis of in-market products.
- Pricing- Develop pricing strategies, understand competitive price positioning, and ensure Webroot is positioned to achieve its business objectives.
- Evangelism- As a key market and product expert, you will develop and deliver product presentations, webinars, and briefings to channel, industry analysts, and press audiences. You must be able to communicate an understanding of the challenges facing IT security executives, explain technical functionally to both technical experts and novices, and clearly articulate Webroot’s business value.
- Market Requirements- Partnering with Product Management, identify and champion customer/market requirements within the product roadmap planning process.
- Travel requirement of 20% or less.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline required; MBA a plus
- 4+ years of business experience, including product marketing or retail marketing experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Must have significant experience in analyzing market conditions and data, and developing go-to-market plans
- Must have excellent data analytics, writing skills and a strong ability to translate technical advantages into customer benefits
- Prior industry experience in consumer markets is required. Security and software-as-a-service industry experience is strongly preferred
- Highly collaborative and able to partner effectively with all stakeholders.
- Must be able to work both at a strategic and tactical level in order to get the job done.
- Must possess a passion for customers, and unflinching desire to exceed their expectations.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and writing skills and ability to successfully interact across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers.
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to take initiative as well as balance competing priorities.
- Must have excellent follow-through, be able to work with minimal direction, and balance the requirements of multiple stakeholders within an organization.
- Must be highly agile and enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment.