Partner Marketing Director
Scaled Agile, Inc., (SAI) (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility. Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 300,000 trained professionals, SAI helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, SAI is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement. Through this program, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of the position:
Scaled Agile goes to market through a global network of strategic partners, more than 200 in more than 35 countries. We work with some of the largest global integrators, boutique local consulting firms, and platform partners that provide technologies that enable agile at scale.
As the Partner Marketing Director, you will be responsible for activating the channel to perform effective marketing that will drive new customer engagements, register students for training & certification, and further the objective making SAFe the framework of choice for major enterprises.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing business. The ideal candidate has a track record of success in developing partner marketing strategies, hands-on experience developing marketing programs and materials and a passion for enabling Partners to grow their businesses.
You also have proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders, strong agile skills, attention to detail, and an entrepreneurial, creative spirit. You will have a big impact on the organization by contributing to one of our most important channels.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for developing, executing and measuring successful partner marketing plans and tactics for Scaled Agile partners in and around the globe.
- Evaluate Partner sales and marketing needs, then design and develop tools and practices to enable Partners to effectively market SAFe within their service portfolio.
- Develop training to educate partners on how to position SAFe within their service portfolio, market SAFe service and courseware to maximize revenue and account penetration
- Develop marketing activities with each partner that:
- Generate new account leads
- Drive enrollment in SAFe courses/certifications
- Develop customer strategies to jointly grow key accounts
- Work with the Demand Generation and Marketing Operations teams to execute and measure the results
- Create a portfolio of enabling marketing tools, content, training, and other enablers that will accelerate partner sales, enable onboarding of new partners, and provide self-sufficiency for them to produce effective SAFe marketing initiatives.
- Develop and deliver Webinars, training, or video modules
- Create, tailor and provide co-branded collateral and presentations
- Package an Event Sponsorship playbook that describes the best practices and tools required to excel in trade shows and industry event participation.
- Participate with our Partner Team in the development of business plans for each partner, including tailored marketing strategies and tactics
- Design marketing approach to fit to partner market, account, and service strategy
- Manage content on internal and external partner and channel websites
- Create and maintain metrics reports on Partner marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact, contributing to the overall marketing dashboard/reports.
- Manage joint marketing fund requests and budget to ensure tight alignment of spend against high return activities.
- Lead new product launch efforts with Partners including joint collateral, communication strategy, training, sales tools and related activities.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- Solid experience (5+ years) with B2B technology Channel Partners, particularly those that provide consulting, training, and transformation services.
- Global experience - with major SIs, as well as local specialists in EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- Able to effectively communicate with Partner executives (CEO, practice leads, country GMs) as well as tactically with Partner marketing and sales staff
- Strong core marketing skills across digital, events, email, ABM and developing appropriate marketing mix depending on the scenario.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, able to write marketing campaign content aligned with corporate messaging.
- Skilled at creating and delivering compelling PowerPoint presentations for partner webinars and resource decks posted to the partner portal
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others.
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and problem solve.
- 2+ years experience with SalesForce (or other CRM) and marketing automation software (Marketo, etc.) preferred.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Not afraid to try new things – driven to constantly improve results.
- A strong team player – comfortable and motivated working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of marketing data analytics principles and practices, and basic forecasting and tracking skills in Excel
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters and training center in NE Boulder with some travel required to Partner locations and events.
Why Scaled Agile?
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business, we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, with a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters)