Media Relations Manager
Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
Alteryx is seeking a strategic, creative and self-motivated Media Relations Manager to help amplify our mission that every business in the world experience the thrill of solving with Alteryx. This role will drive the strategy and execution of our media relations outreach, supporting our corporate public relations (PR) program. The media relations manager will be experienced in media, influencer relations and brand awareness with a successful track record of executing programs for technology companies. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and can create messaging and communication tools for the press, customers and internal stakeholders.
The candidate must be able to understand data analytics technology and effectively communicate how the Alteryx Platform fuels remarkable business and social outcomes. The candidate has demonstrated success maintaining media relationships with key business, technology and trade press. The media relations manager will collaborate with executives, agency partners and the corporate marketing team to foster rich media relationships, develop and execute an interaction plan, and amplify the company's brand through strategic external communications.
* Develop and execute a media relations strategy that supports corporate PR objectives and drives awareness of Alteryx, including announcements, customer stories, reviews, education and campaigns.
* Work with the corporate PR team and agency partners to drive proactive media outreach and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and evaluators in technology trade and business press.
* Assist with crafting media-facing content, including press releases, media alerts, thought leadership briefs and bylines.
* Ensure brand and messaging consistency; assist with delivering media training to identified spokespeople; provide timely prep materials for all press meetings and interviews.
* Prioritize and manage incoming media requests for information, factual reviews, customer references and meetings at events.
* Drive development of key messages, brand advocacy and training of spokespeople in Europe.
* Support the development and management of media events, press tours and engagements, including our annual user conference, Inspire.
* Manage unexpected communication challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
* 5-6+ years in media relations, public relations and/or external communications in the software industry.
* Experience working with global brand, public relations, analyst relations and social teams; contributing to a global corporate communications strategy.
* Business-to-business technology media experience required.
* Current experience managing media relationships, agencies and a network of media contacts.
* Experience delivering press tours, events and broadcast opportunities.
* Strong writing skills with deep understanding of spelling, AP Style and content structure.
* Preferred degree in business, marketing communications, journalism or press relations.