Marketing Manager - Membership Program
Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 400,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of the position
At Scaled Agile, the energy of our membership community is driving the proliferation of SAFe in the leading corporations of the world. You will be developing the programs that inspire and engage the community to deepen their expertise, and accelerate the use of SAFe in their companies. This is a unique opportunity to work with a passionate fan base utilizing your marketing skills to fuel the engine for adoption and revenue growth.
In this role you will guide the ongoing marketing of Scaled Agile’s SAFe Community Membership Program and all its related components (e.g. Membership Levels, Certification, Community Platform, Practitioner Tools, etc.). You will also develop and lead integrated marketing strategies and campaigns that inspire community members and drive substantial ongoing growth in membership and convey the value of this program in a way that leads to sustained long term relationships with SAFe and Scaled Agile. The role requires both strategic product and marketing capabilities, as well as strong leadership and execution skills.
What you’ll be doing: You’ll be responsible for developing, executing and measuring the marketing strategy for our Membership Program. This starts with developing a comprehensive understanding of the segments and personas within the SAFe user community, then iteratively formulating and testing to refine our approach. With this information, you will contribute to the packaging strategy for the membership and certification program, designing and executing integrated marketing programs to deploy this program to market.
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs, personas and segments with the membership, and adapt product value proposition and communications to maximize value perception, product uptake, and overall renewal rates and revenue.
- Support the development of the product/service portfolio (membership, certification, tool kits, and others as developed) into coherent packaged offerings that meet specific user segment needs.
Integrated Marketing Strategy
- Guide the extended Membership team in primary and secondary market research, market segmentation, and persona development, to identify communication and positioning strategies that will best motivate the various segments in this group of users..
- Plan and execute integrated marketing and demand generation campaigns including e-mail, multichannel digital campaigns, webinars, presentations, and advertising to promote Scaled Agile’s Membership program value, with all its products and benefits.
- Develop messaging, branding and content/collateral to support the Membership Program
- Collaborate closely with peers in Enterprise and Partner marketing to ensure consistency of value proposition, messaging, and marketing coordination between these different channels.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing activities, effectiveness, and business impact, contributing to the overall marketing dashboard/reports.
- Analyze and interpret program and marketing performance, and iterate to make continuous improvements in results and member experience.
- Monitor and adapt marketing strategies and execution to ensure consistent performance to key program and billing targets.
- Conduct market tests to evolve understanding of market needs, potential product features, most effective marketing tactics/messages, and use that information to inform program roadmap and inform membership program strategy.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- 5+ years of broad digital, content, event, and general marketing experience in an education, training, technology or related field.
- Prior experience with membership or community marketing is helpful but we’re most interested in a solid marketing background, an understanding of how IT works in large enterprise companies and how to promote engagement.
- An ability to develop compelling digital and traditional marketing programs and materials, e.g. themes, content, and assets. Email is a big channel here and optimizing and testing the messaging is important.
- Experience working in technology product marketing, with experience in market segmentation, product packaging and positioning, pricing and product promotion through varied marketing and sales channels.
- 3+ years experience with SalesForce (or other CRM) and marketing automation software (Marketo) preferred
- Clear and effective written communication skills, experience in communicating directly with customers and partners, at executive and direct contributor levels of an organization.
- Evidence of strategic thinking, developing product strategies, marketing strategies, communicating and aligning internal stakeholders.
- Ability to be “hands on” in executing marketing and product programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others.
- Process oriented, methodical approach to analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative,cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- Former colleagues would describe you as: pleasant, energetic, flexible, reliable, results-oriented and self-motivated
- BA / BS
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters and training center in east Boulder with minimal travel required.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have an amazing office with great benefits and lots of perks, foosball and free massages are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business that is changing how the world develops software we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, with a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters)