Marketing Communications Manager
What you'll do
As the Marketing Communications Manager, you will support the Director of Marketing Communications in driving market awareness and demand for Billtrust’s product portfolio. You will be responsible for supporting all Corporate Communications with key areas including public relations, social media, and analyst relations. You will also support our event strategy, expand event activities, and drive event execution as part of our demand generation campaigns.
Public Relations & Social Media
- Manage end-to-end corporate editorial strategy and content calendar
- Identify, build and strengthen relationships with key media and influencers
- Collaborate with PR agencies when utilized
- Create innovative strategies to ensure a high level of market awareness
- Drive “earned” social amplification of thought leadership content
- Develop and drive executive thought leadership platform and coordinate participation of Billtrust executives in media opportunities, speaking engagements, etc.
Analyst and Influencer Relations
- Support and help manage ongoing relationships with analyst and influencer communities
- Establish a stronger analyst category for Accounts Receivables Automation
- Strengthen and promote Billtrust’s position as a category leader in global Accounts Receivable Automation
- Collaborate with product marketing on briefing materials and updates for analyst community
- Collaborate with demand generation and sales to develop event strategy across owned and 3rd party events with clearly defined demand generation and brand building objectives
- Support event execution in partnership with campaign marketing managers as part of integrated marketing campaigns
- Support Billtrust Sales Kickoff and Billtrust Customer Summit to increase participation, engagement and enhance tracking of financial results and ROI
- Develop and maintain internal communication systems (newsletters, emails, corporate announcements)
- Collaborate with product marketing and product development teams to create and perpetuate the use of a common language for internal and external audiences
- Partner with Human Resources to increase employee engagement
- Manage Billtrust employee communication channels and editorial calendar
What you'll bring to the team
- 5+ years of relevant B2B PR, AR & Event Marketing experience in corporate and employee communications contributing to efforts to cultivate a strong and effective corporate brand and culture - agency experience a plus
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive marketplace awareness and thought leadership for Billtrust
- Demonstrated ability to support content programs to build marketplace awareness and drive demand
- Ability to think strategically about the big picture and roll up your sleeves to execute on the steps to get there
- Experience developing, writing and executing clear plans and timelines
- Project management skills and strong communication skills with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees and managers as needed; enthusiasm and passion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- “We” not “me” attitude
- Background in enterprise software and/or cloud computing a plus
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday," we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who we are
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.