Head of Product Marketing
Greater Denver Area
Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and usability researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and many more trust and integrate us into their research processes.
We are a small, quickly growing, fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location (right now, everyone works in a US Time Zone). All of our employees have areas of expertise as well as a wide breadth of knowledge in their domains. This blog post shares more insight into how we work successfully as a distributed team.
* Create our positioning and messaging for current and new products and features.
* Come in at a 20,000 foot view and assess what is needed for success.
* As our first-ever Product Marketing hire you will create a cohesive product message and narrative informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding.
* Understand who our core and prospective customers are and advocate for them.
* Own and understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects, use qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc).
* Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams (Sales, Services, Engineering, Product, People Ops, etc.) to develop a strategy for existing and any new products.
* Own the overall go-to-market strategy for a product.
* Help enable user-facing teams: Customer Success, Sales, Project Management, and Study Filling.
* Support the sales team and help them close more deals.
* Have a deep understanding of the market and the competitive landscape.
* Drive demand, adoption, and the overall success of the product.
* Incorporate systems for data and metrics that allow you to make the best decisions possible.
Who you are:
* You are obsessed with growth and have a clear vision for the steps that need to be taken to scale and build * Respondent into a billion dollar company.
* Taking and owning market share of the market research industry is a realistic goal of yours.
* You recognize that the better your communication, the more effective your product marketing will be viewed and become.
* You appreciate that prioritization requires the collection and analysis of multiple data points before decisions are made. You don’t make assumptions and validate your plan before you build.
* You are highly strategic and excited to be the first-ever Product Marketing hire at a growing startup.
* You are curious and you need to understand ‘why’ things occur.
* You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive exceptional product marketing.
* If at first you don’t succeed you try, try, and try again. You employ a growth mindset and never give up.
* You have experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle.
* Experience working at a high growth internet company is preferred.
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diversified team around the US. and world. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
* Work remotely from anywhere in a US Time Zone (this does not have to be in the US itself, but rather must be in a US Time Zone: ex. Mexico City, Mexico)
* A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
* Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
* Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
* Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
* Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
* Paid holidays
* Stock options
* Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last retreat was in New Orleans!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.
Read Full Job Description