Head of Media Planning
Do you have a real passion for TV media and broad experience in planning media buy strategies? We are looking for an expert Media Planner to build strategies to deliver on performance and branding objectives across TV, Radio and OOH media for the HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List brands.
About the role:
As the Head of Media Planning, you will be responsible for using external research, internal performance data, and critical thinking to develop and communicate an Upfront and Scatter Market strategy across the team and to senior leadership. You will be a part of a newly formed in-house agency and, as such, you will play a significant role in building the team and identifying the best tools and strategies for our use.
- Work with team members to develop insights, pull and analyze research, and fully understand performance trends
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the target market, and analyze data on media consumption behaviors, channels, networks, programs and emerging media (advanced TV and audio) to inform where and how to best reach these consumers
- Work with Buyers to understand marketplace trends including rates, inventory constraints, new programs/initiatives, etc. to help inform planning process
- Work with Analysts to understand granular performance data and make optimization recommendations using a thorough knowledge of the marketplace
- Remain current on market and media trends and the implications to the business
- Develop a point of view on new media opportunities and present findings
- Develop and present well-researched, data-based media strategies to the team and senior leadership regularly
You are well-versed in the latest trends and opportunities, and you have proven success planning strategies for brands with large media budgets and high performance expectations. You have proven experience working with direct response and performance-focused brands.
Additional experience that is relevant in this role:
- 7+ years TV media planning experience for response/metrics-focused brands
- Ability to plan a buy to achieve performance goals while balancing branding and reach goals
- Fluency with media research and planning software, such as Nielsen, MRI, Comscore, Kantar, etc., and you have the ability to quickly learn proprietary in-house tools
- You are detailed, resourceful, and take initiative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills: comfortable with numbers and analyzing data
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 11 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO. The Head of Media Planning will sit in our Golden office for the immediate future; HomeAdvisor will be opening a new Headquarters in central Denver (RiNo Arts District) in the Spring of 2019.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
7 years: TV media planning experience for response/metrics-focused brands
Ability to plan a buy to achieve performance goals while balancing branding and reach goals
Fluency with media research and planning software, such as Nielsen, MRI, Comscore, Kantar, etc., and you have the ability to quickly learn proprietary in-house tools
Strong mathematical skills: comfortable with numbers and analyzing data