Director of SEM
We are looking for a Director, Search Engine Marketing to lead our talented Digital Marketing team in optimizing and growing our largest performance marketing channel. The ideal candidate will be a proven innovator in this increasingly complex discipline, with motivational team leadership skills alongside an extensive SEM background.
This is a high-profile role across the organization with the expectation that our SEM lead sets the overarching strategy while also embracing accountability for cross-functional contributions from other teams.
About the SEM Team:
SEM is a mature channel at HomeAdvisor and continues to be a key business driver (we’re a top spender within Google). We have aggressive 2019 goals to hit, so we’re looking for an ideal candidate who can help us continue accelerating this part of our business through selective and sophisticated test and learn strategies. Exceeding ambitious quarterly objectives is paramount, though a clear vision on the future of SEM is necessary to stay one step ahead of the ever-changing landscape.
- Oversee the management and optimization of large-scale SEM accounts (both brand and non-brand)
- Manage a team of 5 Analysts, helping to set priorities, plan strategically and oversee execution of projects
- Analyze, report on and succinctly communicate performance trends to key stakeholders across the business
- Dive deep into PPC accounts to assess performance, identify trends, and make changes as needed
- Sustain and improve SEM account performance through rigorous testing and ongoing optimizations
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (Data Science, Product, Analytics, Business Intelligence, etc.)
- Build strong relationships with third parties to ensure that we have the highest levels of external support
- Stay apprised of developing trends in the digital marketing space while ensuring that we adapt accordingly
Desired Experience & Personality:
- 5+ years of experience managing SEM campaigns in Google AdWords and Bing Ads
- 3+ years of team management experience
- Demonstrable background working with and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail with a mathematics or statistical background
- An ambitious mindset with an innate ability to take ownership of projects from inception to completion
- Deep passion for the digital marketing space
- Knowledge of SQL, OBI, Tableau and Omniture a plus
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.