Director of Product Marketing
Greater Boulder Area
At Rogue Wave Software, we're a trusted partner to Global 2,000 organizations, powering new opportunities and removing risk from strategic initiatives. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, improve software quality and security, and shorten the time it takes to deliver value.
Since 1989, our platforms, tools, components, and support have been used across financial services, technology, healthcare, government, entertainment, and manufacturing, to deliver value and reduce risk. From API management, web and mobile, embeddable analytics, static and dynamic analysis to open source support, we have the software essentials to innovate with confidence.
Rogue Wave is seeking a Director of Product Marketing to join our marketing team. This is a key leadership role reporting into the CMO, working closely as the primary collaboration point with the Product, Marketing and Sales organizations, and with other stakeholder functions. This critical leader will develop and drive our product marketing strategy to identify and document customer needs, drive messaging for how our solutions meet these needs, and create the go to market plan that effectively communicates this value to customers, employees, and the broader marketplace.
- Translate the product vision and strategy into a messaging framework that positions the value of the entire portfolio of solutions from an “outside in” perspective, including the roadmap for future products
- Develop and articulate compelling value propositions that are clear, differentiated and defensible
- Ensure consistent application of messaging framework through all marketing channels and materials
- Work with Product Management to understand and map customer needs to target markets
- Support Product in analyzing and sizing cross-industry potential markets and customer segments to determine highest value opportunities
- Partner with Product Management to develop and document the targeted personas for specific service offerings and the customer buying process
- Product Launch – Lead the pre-launch marketing activities and ensure early and consistent involvement of Product, Marketing, Sales, Channel Partners and Customer Success teams to drive launch to market success
- Market intelligence – be the expert on buyers in each segment, how they buy and their buying criteria; use this knowledge to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content and sales training
- Arm sales with knowledge and tools – ensuring content, sales tools and training regarding the intersection of products with buyers, markets, customers and competitors helps drive sales success
- Partner with Product to develop go-to-market plans including market analysis, customer segmentation, product positioning, naming conventions, value propositions, and lifecycle marketing programs
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies are centered around customer buying needs
- Oversee and provide input into the process for developing customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use and partner with the Content Marketing team
- Establish strategies to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product portfolio
- Translate value propositions into impactful sales enablement tools and materials, including pitch decks, case studies, sales sheets, videos, collateral, whitepapers and more
- 8+ years B2B marketing experience, with minimum 3 years in a product marketing leadership role, ideally selling SaaS solutions.
- Bachelor's degree is required (MBA a plus)
- Has initiative and passion and is excited to lead cross-functional teams and drive strategy
- Proven track record of developing productive relationships across Marketing, Sales and Product to drive expansion and cross-sell revenue growth
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Proven track record in developing highly effective sales presentations and collateral
- Demonstrated strong listening and collaboration skills for uncovering both market opportunities and sales needs
- Ability to translate complex concepts and technologies into business-oriented value propositions
- Ability and experience working with a geographically dispersed, multi-disciplined organization and navigating culture across multiple functions
- Experience launching differentiated solutions that target a technical audience, from developers to C-Suite buyers
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Read Full Job Description