Director, Product Marketing
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. For the past 17 years, Billtrust has achieved remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do
As the Director of Product Marketing and Marketing Research you will support a rapidly growing product portfolio in the geographic footprint of B2B customers within the enterprise and midmarket segment.
In this role you will work as a player/ coach bringing deep expertise in all aspects of product marketing as well as defining market research needs. You will have hands on experience in marketing software and services to a commercial audience.
- Attract, develop and retain top notch talent for the product marketing and market research team. Be an active member of the marketing leadership team to further grow the marketing function within the company.
- Lead Customer and Industry Insights across the company. Build customer persona’s used for demand generation campaigns and product development. Lead industry and competitive research and translate findings into actions that improve top line and/or bottom line performance.
- Lead Revenue Generation Sales Materials including corporate overview presentations, product sales pitches, support of technical documentation, product videos/ webinars, demos and customer case studies. Leveraging and guiding the in-house creative team and agencies for execution of the final deliverables.
- Renew Positioning for Billtrust by creating a customer informed, differentiated position in the market with strong achievable aspirations that allows for future mergers and acquisitions. Strengthen Billtrust’s reputation as the category leader in the US and over time internationally. Partnering closely with the executive leadership team.
- Develop Messaging & Value Propositions tying back to the central positioning framework providing simplicity for customers. Sustainable and aligned with strategic product roadmap.
- Rationalize Product Naming applying descriptive naming best-practices and help accrue value to the Billtrust master brand.
- Lead Analyst Product Briefings in partnership with marketing communication and product management team.
- Strengthen Channel Value Proposition positioning Billtrust as the best partner for strategic eco-system alliances. Partnering closely with the channel and strategic alliances teams.
What you'll bring to the team
- 10+ years’ experience in Product Marketing
- Obsession for customers and strategic partners
- 5+ years of people management and/or leading virtual teams.
- 5+ years of B2B product marketing experience within the software industry
- Strategy consultancy experience or product marketing agency experience is preferred
- Strong executive presence and ability to work directly with C-suite stakeholder
- World-class project management, budget management and change management skills to ensure adoption of all product marketing and marketing research deliverables.
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.