Director of Product Marketing
Wowza is looking for a Director of Product Marketing!
We seek a Director of Technical Product Marketing to be the primary product-technology resource within Marketing and bridge the company's marketing efforts with its engineering knowledge. This self-starting leader must be a results-oriented strategic thinker with an exceptional blend of multi-audience communication skills, a deep and passionate knowledge of the streaming technology landscape, and the ability to plan, manage, and execute marketing programs, launches and initiatives.
- Define target segments and buyer personas for marketing and sales outreach
- Develop market positions, messages and marketing campaigns for target segments such as vertical industries, etc.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans via customer needs analysis, initial positioning and messaging, testing, analysis and refinements
- Perform competitive analysis and the development of competitive selling tools
- Perform market, customer, and competitive research to differentiate Wowza’s products, as well as to anticipate competitive response
- Share learning and best practices broadly, continually improve processes and content, and provide clear and consistent reporting to Executive Management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer science or technical field, or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred, but not required
- 10+ years in technical product marketing or sales engineering in server or B2B software and SaaS, invideo delivery technologies and software
- 8+ years of progressively responsible market development experience, including direct responsibility for product marketing strategy and execution, promotion development and execution and partner marketing
- Strong technical skills and experience working with marketing programs and tools such as Marketing Automation, Web CMS system, Camtasia and others
- Track record of success in growing product line revenues
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiating competing priorities from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Proven market and competitive analysis ability that results in understanding and prioritizing customer needs to map to product positioning, pricing, messaging and functionality
- Strong collaboration and project management skills – an ability to work effectively with different people within an organization (technical, salespeople, strategists)
- Strong leadership & analytical skills
- Outstanding written, oral, and visual communications skills
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 20,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world.
What we love about working at Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.